Translate

Saturday, March 15, 2014

WHM : Misty Copeland American Ballet Theatre

Over the next few years, things at ABT just got better. I became a soloist with the company—the first black dancer to do so in more than two decades. And in 2012 I landed my biggest role yet, headlining in Firebird. I remember walking out of rehearsal in jeans and sandals to get my hair done for the premiere. When I turned onto the sidewalk, I saw it: a huge billboard on the front of the Metropolitan Opera House with my picture on it. I was in profile, wearing a red leotard, with my chest and back arched so you could see my full, feminine breasts and my round butt. It was everything that people don't expect in a ballerina. I stood completely still for five minutes, just crying. It was beauty. It was power. It was a woman. It was me.


To learn more about Misty Copeland see also ~ en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misty_Copeland

The power of dance is moving. The power of Misty Copeland (American Ballet Theatre Soloist) is in her strong silent sensuality, showing young girls you can make your dreams come true if you work hard, and don't give up.

Author : Life in Motion: An Unlikely Ballerina. www.mistycopeland.com


2014 Zimation Arts & Letters Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment